A week ago, I could smell the oil even before I could see the Creek. Oil had piled up along the shores and on the boom laid across Changi Creek. There were workers busy removing oil-stained sand from the beach. And putting absorbent paper on the oil.
Changi Creek mangroves
The last patch of wild mangroves at Changi are at the headwaters of Changi Creek.
Posts about the Johor Strait oil spill in Jan 2017
- How are Pasir Ris mangroves and seagrass meadows after the oil spill?
- Are we helping or harming when we 'clean' oiled mangroves?
- Oil spill at East Johor Strait: YOUR sightings
- Key happenings: Oil spill at East Johor Strait, Jan 2017
- Survey of oil spill spill impact on Ubin and mainland Singapore, 5 Jan 2017
- Oil spill near Pulau Ubin, 4 Jan 2017